Friday, July 26, 2013

Chapter 13 - Ally Kat Unmasked

350 push-ups, shooting practice, knife-throwing practice, the obstacle course, fencing, archery, speed, martial arts, building my body up for poisons, and experimenting with explosives and other weapons. This is what filled every single day in my life with Walter. Not to mention that I also had to study and recite, not only regular school things, but also all the different ways to kill someone, how to hurt someone without killing them and how to avoid getting killed or hurt. Each day I was given a situation and I was to figure out how to get out of it without killing anyone as well as with killing someone. The things I excelled in the most were the martial arts and speed. I was highly motivated by speed because I knew my opponent was very fast. Who's my opponent, you ask? Let's just say, she's someone who haunts my dreams.

~*~AK~*~


“Actually, she just turned herself in. I didn't actually catch her,” Jack explained to the dumfounded Blake. “But look at her! It's no wonder we couldn't catch her!” They all watched as Ally Kat continued balancing coffee on her nose.

“Say, where's Pepper?” Blake asked.

“Isn't it obvious? The fact that she isn't here, must mean that that's Pepper!” Linton suggested.

“Hey guys, I heard some crazy news that Ally Ka-” Pepper walked in and stopped dead in her tracks, staring at the girl on the back of the chair. Ally Kat too, spun around, dropping her cup of coffee on the floor. The two blue-green eyed girls stared at each other for a moment and then Pepper slowly approached her and yanked her off the chair. She landed lightly on her feet and gave Pepper a cocky side-glance.

“You mean... it wasn't Pepper?” Linton spoke, dumfounded.

“No, Linton. It wasn't Pepper,” Jack confirmed.

“Then... just who is she?” Sydney asked.

“I know who she is,” Pepper said.

“Pepper?” Blake looked at his coworker more carefully. She seemed to be coursing with hatred and excitement and fear all at once, while still keeping her cool.

“All this time, I thought it was you. I didn't quite expect to be right though.” Her eyes were wide with awe at first, but then they narrowed and she addressed the rest of the team. “Ladies and gentlemen. Allow me to present to you my twin sister, Alameda Katherine Plight. Otherwise known as Alameda Bryce.” She pulled off the mask on Ally Kat's face and Ally Kat turned her head to look them straight on. There in front of him, stood Alameda Bryce, except instead of her mysterious golden eyes, they were blue and green.

“Blake. I told you didn't I? The day that I'm Ally Kat will be the day that I have an evil twin sister,” she said, giving him a very realistic smile.

“But, the eyes. Alameda has golden eyes.”

“You're forgetting that my ability to see in the dark is magical. It comes from my eyes. Whenever I use my magic, my eyes shine blue and green. But when I don't, they're gold. It's very simple, really. It's kind of difficult when I have to be Ally Kat in the day, though. Here, I'll change.” Alameda closed her eyes and opened them again. There, the golden glimmers shone out. Blake just continued to stare.

“So, Blake, you knew this girl? As Alameda Bryce?” Sydney asked.

“Yes. She was my informant. No wonder it was so easy for you to gather information on Ally Kat. You were Ally Kat herself. But, Alameda, I was just with you at my apartment. How did you get here so quickly?”

“There's no morning traffic when running on the roofs of houses and buildings,” she explained.

“All I really want to know is... why?” Linton asked.

Alameda smiled. “Hmm. Now it's my turn to introduce someone. Ladies and gentlemen. Allow me to present to you my twin sister, Katrina Alena Plight. Otherwise known as the Head of the organization.” A dead silence fell on the room.

“Pepper... you're the Head?” Linton asked, stunned.

“How did you know, Ally?” Pepper asked, turning to her twin.

“Easy. Our father may have been a super mass murderer with his big team and all that, but he never trusted anyone but family. That's why he had to train us. When I left, and Eri and Mama were gone, the only one left was you.”

“Naturally. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to deceive you. However, it didn't matter. Now I'm here and you're here. And you are my prisoner.”

“Is that so? I wasn't caught you know. I came here of my own free will. I wouldn't call that a prisoner. Oh, and I found your assassin's broken staff by the lake. I don't think you'll be seeing him again.”

“Paul's dead?”

“Does that shock you?”

“....No. No, I realize now that it shouldn't. Our father trained both of us too well. The only one who can kill you, is me.”

“Likewise, sister.”

Pepper pulled out a knife and stood in a fighting stance, facing the girl across the room. Alameda, on the other hand, simply stood casually and closed her eyes.

“What do you think you're doing? Are you going to fight me barehanded? Get ready! I wont show you mercy just because you don't put up a fight,” Pepper warned.

Alameda said nothing, but continued to stand perfectly still. Pepper gave a small “humph!” and made the first move. Her anger showed just how fast she could move. In a flash, Pepper was on the other side of the room, and jabbing multiple times at Ally Kat. But every time, Ally Kat avoided each attack like it was nothing, her eyes still closed. Pepper fell back for a second and Ally Kat opened her eyes, the gold in them sparkling with life and determination. She quickly pulled out her gun and shot at Pepper, who quickly dodged. But it soon became apparent that she wasn't even aiming at her sister. Instead, the bullet shot passed and hit the little dwarf spell-caster who had silently entered the room and was about to destroy everything in the office. It hit him in the shoulder so that he was forced to drop his new staff. Ally Kat then ran to the window and opened it, balancing on the sill.


“I came here to protect my friends from the dwarf. When I saw his staff, I knew he had simply abandoned it and gotten a new one. The time for me to kill you has yet to come. But trust me, it will come. And soon.” Here she turned to look at Blake, her golden eyes piercing through him. “I'm sorry that I couldn't be fully honest with you. Perhaps one day you will forgive me.” Suddenly, she put on one big, bright smile and called out, “See ya!” and jumped out of the window. Everyone ran to the sill and looked out. The office was on the 20th floor. There was no way she could have survived that fall. But there in the distance, climbing into her airship which hovered below, was Alameda Kathrine Plight.

No comments:

Post a Comment